Rotary Club of Central Launceston is committed to projects that promote proactive health, lifelong education and inclusion of all parts of our community.
Rotary globally is made up of 1.2 million passionate individuals in 35,000+ clubs. One of our biggest achievements in the ending of Polio, which we’re getting very close to complete eradication within the next couple of years with thanks to the support of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Over $60,000 in funds raised between 2018 – 2020 through the annual Tamar Valley Cycle Challenge featuring Sally’s Ride for Cornerstone Youth Services, SPEAK UP Stay Chatty and The Beast program , supported by JCP Empowering Youth.
- Ravenswood Heights Primary School Reading assistance which has seen an increase in Naplan results.
- Ravenswood Heights Primary School bursaries to assist grade 6 students entering High School.
- Rotary International Youth Exchange (hosting both inbound and outbound students).
- Supporting local students to participate in the National Youth Science Forum.
- Funds raised through Circus Quirkus funded a $15,000 contribution to a sensory playground for St Giles.
- $10,000 contribution towards a new playground for Playgroup Tasmania’s Holbrook St site at Invermay, Launceston.
- Hands on volunteering
- Welcome dinners for new members of our local migrant community
- Supplying Kiva loans to empower local community projects in third world countries.
- Contributing to Rotary’s fight against Polio.
- Our dedication to the continued Rotary International Youth Exchange ensures we are offering supported educational experiences to young adults from across the globe. Plus, supporting our own outbound students to gain invaluable first hand knowledge and life skills outside Australia.
- We’re a club dedicated to inclusion in all facets of our community. Our membership reflects that with a diverse range of ages, backgrounds, vocations and skills. Because of our varied community activities each member has opportunity to participate and grow their skill sets in ways they would not experience in their day to day lives.
Make your impact
Membership in a Rotary club is by invitation only. But by all means if you’d like to be part of a dynamic club that makes in a impact both locally and globally then Central Launceston might just be for you.